Thursday, October 02, 2008

STANDARDS

First, let me inform you that I was brought up in church and believe that it was a tremendous benefit - it gave me an eternal outlook on life.

I have not been brain washed – however I have had my sins washed in the blood.

I was introduced at an early age to my heavenly Father and understood that I needed to ask Jesus – His son into my heart. There was and still is no other way for man to be saved.

I am amazed at how far people in America have gone to try and discredit the ONLY Way to get to Heaven. The “Do Your Own thing” generation has now grown up and raised children who are testing everything that was once considered a standard. Every authority is being questioned and rebelled against.

Note these words – “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.” Paul wrote these words to Timothy to describe the last days. (II Timothy 3:1-5)

Selfishness rules our world.

Standards must once again be raised up. The Standard of the Cross will change our world.

Darkness has prevailed. But when we lift up Christ, He promises to draw all men to him.

Political correctness can no longer stand in the way of eternal truth. Jesus is still the ONLY answer. That is the Good News.

The narrow way is still open. There is still room at the cross for YOU.

No comments: